Experienced Brooklyn Car Accident Lawyers
Car accidents can cause serious injuries to people, as well as significant damage to vehicles. People may lose time from work or incur medical expenses, and fixing a damaged car can cost thousands of dollars. While in some cases you may be the victim of an accident, in other instances you may be the individual accused of causing the accident. Regardless of the circumstances surrounding your accident, retaining experienced New York car accident lawyers is essential to protect yourself. The team at Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg has years of experience with car accidents and motor vehicle personal injury lawsuits. We know how challenging it is to deal with the repercussions from a car accident, and we’re here to help you through the process. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.
How Common Are Auto Accidents?
The New York Police Department reported more than 2,500 motor vehicle collisions in Brooklyn, NY, in July 2022. More than 1,200 accidents resulted in an injury or fatality. They reported that the leading contributor to serious accidents was distracted driving. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), throughout the entire United States an estimated 42,000 people died in car accidents in 2021, representing more than a 10% increase over the prior year.
Contributing Factors to Car Accidents
Some of the most common contributing factors to vehicle accidents are:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence
- Tailgating (following too closely)
- Ignoring traffic signals
- Changing lanes unsafely
- Failing to yield
- Sleeping at the wheel
- Road rage or aggressive driving
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another driver’s failure to drive safely, you’ll want to retain an experienced lawyer for auto accidents. Conversely, if you’ve been accused of being responsible for an accident, you need trusted auto accident lawyers to defend you. Contact Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg for help with car accidents, no matter what your situation is.
Types of Recoverable Damages in Auto Accidents
Vehicle accidents can cause a host of serious issues, and in many cases a victim may not realize they’ve sustained an injury until well after the accident has happened. Some of the damages we frequently see are:
- Back, shoulder, and neck injuries
- Concussion or other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Fractures and broken bones
Recoverable Costs in Motor Vehicle Accidents
After an accident, you may incur unexpected expenses, many of which are recoverable, including:
- Medical Expenses – You may have substantial medical bills for treatment, rehabilitation, therapy, or prescription costs.
- Property Damage – Most commonly, you’ll need repairs to fix your car. In some cases, there may be additional property damage that needs to be addressed.
- Lost Wages – If you’ve missed time from work due to the accident, you may be entitled to recover those costs
- Pain and Suffering – The distress that comes along with a car accident can cause pain and suffering, which may entitle you to compensation.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life – Many aspects of a car accident can affect your life, and if you are experiencing a loss of enjoyment of life, this is a recoverable cost.
- Other Expenses – Depending on your case, you may be entitled to recover other costs associated with a car accident in which you were the victim.
Working with knowledgeable lawyers for auto accidents is the best way to ensure you’ll receive all of the compensation you deserve.
Choose Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg in Brooklyn, NY
Being in a car accident is a frightening experience, and without a good personal injury lawyer you may not receive all of the damages to which you are entitled. Our team at Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg has many years of experience working on car accident cases in Brooklyn, NY. We offer a free initial consultation, and we can come to you if you’re unable to come to our offices.
Contact Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg
In Brooklyn, NY, call the law firm of Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg if you need representation in a car accident case. Our helpful, experienced team assists clients who have been involved in vehicle accidents, whether you’re a victim or are accused of being responsible for an accident. Contact us today to schedule a free initial consultation.