NYC Auto Accident Lawyer with Industry Experience: PBKG P.C.
CAR AND TRUCK ACCIDENT CASES
An experienced NYC auto accident lawyer can help you recover appropriate compensation for damages incurred after an unfortunate auto accident. Motor vehicle personal injury lawsuits are filed by people who are injured due to the negligence of someone else, whether it is the owner or driver of another car, truck or other motor vehicle. Our job is to determine who was responsible and to force the responsible party to compensate you for the losses you have suffered. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, contact a knowledgeable and industry-experienced NYC auto accident lawyer today. Peters Berger Koshel & Goldberg, P.C. has been serving the NYC and Brooklyn community for years with a proven track record.
Most Common Car Accident Locations in Brooklyn
As the map details, the most dangerous intersections in the Brooklyn area tend to be entry or exit ramps, and near major roads, bridges and tunnels. According to the data for this map, here are the 5 intersections in Brooklyn with the most collisions between July 1st, 2012 and March 14th, 2016:
1. Tillary Street and Flatbush Avenue (An estimated 180 collisions per year)
2. Atlantic Avenue and Pennsylvania Avenue (An estimated 130 collisions per year)
3. Erksine Street and Seaview Avenue (An estimated 95 collisions per year)
4. Atlantic Avenue and Conduit Boulevard (An estimated 95 collisions per year)
5. Flatbush Avenue and Empire Boulevard (An estimated 90 collisions per year)
With these data in mind, please drive extra carefully through these intersections and pay very close attention while on crosswalks to avoid being hurt in a potentially fatal car crash. For more information regarding collision data in Brooklyn, feel free to use the map to see whether the intersections near your home are more safe than the ones on this list.
Reasons to Hire Experienced NYC Auto Accident Lawyers of PBKG P.C.
When you’re injured in a car accident, you need all the help you can get, and you need it as soon as possible. Before you hire a personal injury attorney, it’s important to educate yourself and find the right fit for you and your case.
If you’ve suffered an injury through someone else’s fault, you may be out of work, overwhelmed by costly medical bills, or in constant pain and agony. With all that stress, taking the time to find the right lawyer can seem like one more hassle you don’t need. It is worth it, though. With Peters Berger Koshel and Goldberg, P.C. on your side, you can focus on your health while we work to help you get the recovery you deserve.
As an injured party, you are entitled to recovery for costs and expenses that you incur as a result of your being injured.
COSTS THAT ARE RECOVERABLE IN A MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT
- Medical Expenses – including aftercare and treatment, as well as prescription costs
- Property Damage Expenses – such as damage to your vehicle
- Lost Salary/Wages – you may recover money for time you are forced to spend away from work, as well as any sick leave or vacation time lost
- Pain and Suffering – you are entitled to money damages for pain and suffering as a result of your injuries
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life – as a result of your injuries
- Other Expenses – you may be entitled to recovery for other expenses you incur because of your injuries
What To Do Following A Car Accident:
- Be Careful Who You Talk To. Do not talk to anyone about the details of your accident except for your doctors and attorneys. Always require identification so that you know who is talking with you. Be careful of insurance companies attempting to gain as much information as possible before you hire an attorney.
- Follow Your Doctors’ Advice. Return to each of your doctors as is necessary, and keep them informed of all physical and emotional complaints. It is most important to keep your doctors informed of all problems and to get yourself healed. Make sure to keep us informed of any doctors or treating personnel that you see.
- Wages And Lost Earnings. Keep an accurate record of all days and/or hours lost from work due to your injuries.
- Medical Bills. Obtain and keep duplicate copies of any bills relating to medical expenses, including, but not limited to: treatment, x-rays, medications, braces, etc.
- Additional Expenses. Additional expenses you incur as a result of your injuries can often be included in the case. Keep track of any additional expenses you sustain as a result of your being injured, including receipts.
- Traffic Offenses. Never plead guilty to any traffic offenses without first consulting an attorney. Pleading guilty to a traffic offense can adversely affect your personal injury claim.
- Photographs. Take photographs of any and all injuries or property damage that occurred as a result of the accident. Make sure we have access to these photographs. For a free initial consultation, call 718-596-7800 to speak with an expert Brooklyn auto accident lawyer today.
Contact Peters, Berger, Koshel, & Goldberg, P.C.